.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Kareem Abdul Jabbar Remembers Leslie Nielsen Fondly...


This week, actor Leslie Nielsen passed away at the age of 84 and is fondly remembered for appearing in many famous comedic films in the 1980's including Airplane and the Naked Gun.

NBA legend Kareem Abdul-Jabbar appeared in Airplane with Nielsen and fondly remembered some of the moments that he shared with him on his website.

We get more from Game On!:
For me, it was a real pleasure to know and work with Leslie Nielsen. He was a consummate professional when the cameras were rolling. And during down time he was a notorious practical joker. He would often engage the casual acquaintance in what seemed to be a serious conversation while he manipulated a whoopie cushion causing that person to look around and try to figure out what exactly was going on. He did this to me the first time I met him when he started talking about the food they served on the set in disparaging ways and I got real quiet until I noticed he had his hand in his pocket on the device, which made me break out into a big grin as I figured out his antics. Making Airplane was a great experience for me and Leslie helped make it very special. He will be greatly missed.
To end this post in the most proper way possible, here is the infamous Kareem scene from Airplane: