.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Jason Terry Thinks It's The Shoes, He Was Right


I know that NBA players are a superstitious bunch but Mavericks guard Jason Terry takes it a whole other level.

During last night's Hornets/Mavericks affair, Terry has a rather lackluster first half and decided to change something to help him out in the second.

We get more from ESPN Dallas:


Jason Terry finished Monday night's inspired win over the New Orleans Hornets with a flurry. His final stat line read: 9-of-19 from the field, including 3-of-6 from beyond the 3-point arc.

It was quite a turnaround from his first half: 2-of-11 and 0-of-3.

"He came in at halftime, changed his shoes and look what happened in the second half," guard J.J. Barea said. "So he blamed it on the shoes."

"I'm a shooter. I'm going to keep shooting. Nothing's changed in that respect," Terry said. "If it was tough shots then I would have been concerned. But, they weren't tough shots. I was missing wide-open looks, shots that I practice. I just told myself, change your shoes at halftime, get a new feel and come back firing."
I guess Morris Blackmon was right.

(Courtesy of The Basketball Jones)