.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Terrence Williams Twitter Troubles


I'm going to say that this is probably not the year that Nets rookie forward Terrence Williams was expecting in his jump to the NBA.

Well, he decided to voice his frustration through the best source, "Twitter." The only problem was that Nets president Rod Thorn was watching his Tweets.

We get more from the New York Post:

Nets rookie forward Terrence Williams has posted his frustrations on Twitter and could face a fine from the club.

"You don't do that [Twitter] on club time," said team president Rod Thorn, who added Williams "could be" fined for posts he made Monday.

On Twitter, Williams wondered what life would be like had he been drafted by Toronto or Charlotte and suggested that practice time has become his game time for him.

"How would it be if Mr. Stern called my name 10 min earlier #9 or 5 min later #12 hmmmmmmmmm to bad I can't live off what ifs," his Tweet read.

On Tuesday, Williams attempted to clarify his comments.

"You guys talk about that, but my next Tweet says I love my situation, I love my teammates and you guys got to know that we're all human and we hate losing," Williams said. "It's not a regret at all. It's the best decision for me to come to New Jersey. I love it. I wouldn't want to play at Charlotte or [Toronto]. I'm happy I'm here."

If I need to repeat again to my NBA players on Twitter, I will. "REMEMBER THAT TWITTER IS A PUBLIC DOMAIN" which essentially means that anyone can access it and it would not surprise me that your boss/owner would be checking up on your Tweets.

Sure the post was harmless enough but the Nets have any right to fine someone within the organization if they post something on Twitter that casts a negative light on the organization.

Honestly, it gets to the point where most NBA teams might have to take the route of the New York Jets and hire a Twitter consultant. Mainly, because players do not seem to get the above fact that whatever they write on Twitter can be read by anyone with an account.

For now, it appears that Terrence Williams might be the first causality to fall victim to the "Twitter Fine".

(Courtesy of New York Post)