.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Thursday, December 23, 2010

Doug Collins Blames Christmas Shopping On Recent 76ers Loss


Since most of us are still trying to get our Christmas shopping done, it's not surprise to me that NBA players and coaches are doing the same as well.

However, I never expected that it would be used as an excuse for a loss.

We get more from Off the Bench:

76ers coach Doug Collins has an interesting take on why his team may have been playing like The Walking Dead during a blowout loss to Chicago on Tuesday:

“I looked at our coaches and I said ‘our guys, they’re just not there tonight.’ For whatever reason, we just weren’t there. I don’t know if it was a couple nights in between games in the same city. And just guys… that time of the year where you’re out Christmas shopping and getting stuff taken care of,” Collins said. “It was like five strangers. I came into the time out and I said ‘guys, what are we running?’ I didn’t even know what plays we were running.”
So, I guess coach wasn't impressed when Spencer Hawes scored that sweet deal on that 55 inch plasma television, huh?