.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Brook Lopez Love-Affair With The Simpsons Trumps All


As noted on a previous post for That NBA Lottery Pick, Nets owner Mikhail Prokhorov had an interview on CBS's 60 Minutes last Sunday. It was assumed that most people affiliated with the New Jersey Nets probably watched the program to learn something about their new owner.

Well, New Jersey Nets center Brook Lopez was watching something else. He was enjoying America's favorite yellow family, The Simpsons.

We get more from ProBasketballTalk:

Well, not everyone tied to the NBA. The best player in Prokhorov's stable -- center Brook Lopez -- decided to go with Homer Simpson. Well, it was "The Greatest Story Ever D'ohed," the episode where Sacha Baron Cohen voices a tour guide leading the Simpsons through the Holy Land. Can't let a future employer get in the way of that, he told WFAN.

"I'm a loyal fan. I love those middle seasons and I am still going to watch it. I don't catch it too much on Sundays. It was just a coincidence. I was sitting in my living room and I looked at my clock and it was 7:15 and I decided I was going to watch the Simpsons tonight."
To be honest, I don't have a problem with Brook Lopez tuning into The Simpsons instead of watching a 60 Minutes interview about his current boss.

However, it's probably not the wisest decision to admit that on a sports radio station with the possibility of the guy who signs the checks finding out.

Or in the words of Homer J Simpson, "D'Oh!"



(Courtesy of ProBasketballTalk)