.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

A Tale of Two Advertisements: Lebron's Akron Celebration and Big Z's Cleveland Tribute


Normally, I wouldn't talk about two NBA players taking out advertisements to thank fans for their support after moving to another team. However, when those two people are Lebron James and Zydrunas Ilgauskas, it's gets relatively more interesting.

Two days ago, Zydrunas decided to take out an advertisement in the Cleveland Plain Dealer thanking Cleveland fans for their support of him during his time with the Cavaliers.

Here is a small sample of what the advertisement said:

As I look back on those early days, I realize how lucky I was to have grown up in a place like Cleveland. All of you have taught me the importance of family and friends; of pulling together to get things done; of loving your country.

I've never felt so proud as when I've put on the wine and gold and stepped onto the court.

You would think that Lebron James would decided to do something similar, so Lebron took outhis own advertisement thanking fans in the Akron?!?.

Here is a clip of what he said in the advertisement for the Akron Beacon Journal:

It was here where I first learned how to play basketball, and where I met the people who would become my lifelong friends and mentors. Their guidance, encouragement and support will always be with me.

"Akron is my home, and the central focus of my life. It's where I started, and it's where I will always come back to. You can be sure that I will continue to do everything I can for this city, which is so important to my family and me. Thank you for your love and support. You mean everything to me."
In the advertisement, there was no mention of Cleveland or the Cavaliers organization. So, I guess you can say, he thanked something? I guess.

Geez, who are the ad wizards that are helping Lebron James?