.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Mickael Pietrus Will Not Cut His Hair..Even After Winning Bet


One thing that I did wonder about during the NBA playoffs was why Orlando Magic reserve Mickael Pietrus had suddenly grown a rather large head of hair.

Well, Pietrus actually made a bet with teammates Dwight Howard, Rashard Lewis and Jameer Nelson before the season that he could go the entire season without a haircut.

We get more from ESPN TrueHoop:

You may have noticed that Orlando forward Mickael Pietrus was wearing his hair long, and he had good reason to. Back in training camp, a $17,000 wager was placed on whether Pietrus could last an entire season without a haircut. (The losing bettors were Rashard Lewis, Dwight Howard and Jameer Nelson, and let's just say that they were in for widely differing sums).

"Easy money," Pietrus told me back in February when I first inquired about his unkempt coif.

Pietrus was hating on his hair back then, but his opinion changed over the next three months.

"Now I like it," Pietrus told me during the conference finals. "The last time I had a 'fro was like 20 years ago. I was like 7 or 8 years old, and that's the age when your mom never wants you to get a haircut. People love it, and the best thing is I don't have to comb it."
To think, somewhere in the world, Jose Eber spidey-sense is tingling as we speak.

(Courtesy of No Guts, No Glory)