.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Monday, November 30, 2009

Lawrence Frank Speaks to God

Over the weekend, the New Jersey Nets lost their 17th consecutive NBA game and former head coach Lawrence Frank lost his job.

Well, in these trying times, some people like to look to God for an explanation. Our crack staff at TNLP, (Mainly some dude with tin-foil on his head who keeps complaining about voices) tuned into this conversation between Lawrence Frank and God.


Frank: Are you there God? It's me, Lawrence Frank


G-D: I am here my child, what is puzzling you?

Frank: Well, I recently fired for my job but I do not think it's my fault. Why did the New Jersey Nets fire me?

G-D: Well, the team did not receive a win this season Lawrence, I expect that was the reason why.

Frank: But, the team is horrible God and my best player was out for injury for a period of time. It could not be my fault.

G-D: Well, my son. There are certain situations in our lives where some of these things are out of our control. However, this is a teaching tool for you to use at a later date.

Frank: To be honest, G-D. For some reason, your answer does not seem sufficient to me.

G-D: My Son, Why?

Frank: Well, I always remember the passage in Genesis 4:4 which reads, "And Abel, he also brought of the firstlings of his flock and of the fat thereof. And the LORD had respect unto Abel and to his offering"

G-D: Are you calling yourself a sacrificial lamb?

Frank: Well, yeah. C'Mon, even the Timberwolves have a win and they suck more than we do.

G-D: Didn't they beat you?

Frank: That's beside the point. Did I not get sacrificed like the lamb in the passage?

G-D: Well, I guess so. However, never quote scripture again to me.

Frank: Thanks God, that's all for now wait. Actually, I got one more question.

G-D: What is that my son?

Frank: Did you create Megan Fox?

G-D: I'm not responsible for that one, my child. I think the Lord Satan is strong in that one.

(Bobby Simmons runs into the room)


Bobby: God, Are you there? Can you get me a trade out of here? God? God?